Speedster Hot Rod Left-Handed (Red)
Portability and performance in a compact, modern design for lefties
The Traveler Guitar Speedster Hot Rod is a full 24 ¾ inch scale left-handed travel guitar featuring a newly redesigned onboard V2 Headphone Amplifier.
Our proprietary In-Body tuning system uses standard tuning machines relocated into the body to create a guitar that has a full-scale neck, yet is substantially shorter than full size electrics. The lack of a headstock and a small, ergonomic body allow the guitar to be 28 percent shorter and 51 percent lighter than a full size electric, all while preserving the same full-scale playing experience you’re used to.
The guitar features active electronics with our V2 headphone amplifier built-in, allowing you to practice privately. Plug in headphones or your favorite amp and cycle through clean, boost, overdrive and distortion tones using the custom tap-pot. The dual-rail humbucker has a coil-split switch which allows for even more sonic versatility by giving you humbucker gain or single coil clean all in one pickup. In addition, the Speedster Hot Rod's V2 Headphone Amp is loaded with an aux-in jack so you can play along with your favorite tracks while listening through headphones or your favorite amp.
The Upper Arm Support detaches for travel, and the whole package fits neatly inside its included Gig Bag, weighs just 4 pounds 12 ounces, and stows easily in airline overhead compartments.
- Full 24 3/4" Scale Electric Travel Guitar
- Built-in headphone amp with clean, boost, overdrive & distortion
- Aux-in for for jamming with your mobile device
- Fits in airline overhead bins
- 4 lbs. 12 oz. & 28" long
- Deluxe Gig Bag Included
Related Products and Accessories
- Scale Length: 24.75 in.
- Electronics: Active Electronics with Volume and Tone control, 1/8″ Aux-in
- Headphone Amp: V2 Headphone Amp with Clean/Boost/Overdrive/Distortion settings
- Pickup(s): Dual-rail Humbucker (w/ coil split switch)
- Body: Eastern American Hard Maple
- Neck: Eastern American Hard Maple
- Construction: Neck-through-body
- Finish: Candy Apple Red Metallic
- Hardware: Chrome 14:1 Gear ratio (Closed gear)
- Fingerboard: Ebonized Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Frets: 22 Medium
- Neck Radius: 15.75 in.
- Neck Width at Nut: 1.75 in.
- WxH at 1st Fret: 1.81 in. x 0.87 in.
- WxH at 12th Fret: 2.05 in. x 0.87 in.
- Overall Length: 28 in.
- Overall Depth: 2 in.
- Body Thickness: 1.5 in.
- Body Width: 7.5 in. (Arm Detached)
- Gig Bag LxWxH: 30 x 9 1/2 x 4 1/2 (in.)
- Weight: 4 lbs. 12 oz.
- Weight in Gig Bag: 5 lbs. 7 oz.
- Audio Output: Standard 1/4 in. jack, 1/8 in. Headphone out
- Instrument Input: 1/8 in. Aux-in
- Batteries: 2 x AAA
- Strings: D’Addario EXL110
- Model #: SPD HRR LH
- dB at 1’: Peak: 92dB, Average: 80dB
- User Manual